This sugar cookie recipe is one of my favourites. Every time I make them for people, they go nuts. The great thing about this recipe is that you can easily freeze the dough and cut out the shapes you would like.. in my case: Deadmau5. These took a long time to make considering I had to keep freezing the dough, since I wasn’t fast enough. It’s not too easy for me to explain how I made them but it’s basically a combination of circle cookie cutters, a lot of knife work, and two different coloured doughs. Try creating your own!
Adapted from Munchie Munchkins
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon red food coloring paste
- Parchment paper
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
3. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Roll 1 portion of dough into a 12- x 8-inch rectangle on a piece of lightly floured plastic wrap.
4. Knead food coloring paste into remaining portion of dough while wearing rubber gloves. Roll tinted dough into a rectangle as directed in Step 3.